Saturday, February 3, 2007

Introduction

I am Tim Crosby, Farm to Cafeteria Director for 21 Acres, a northwest regional non-profit focused on local food system development. I am working connect local farm products with local buyers, speecifically insitutions like schools, hospitals, corporations, restuarants, and specialty food markets.

This is my blog containing food system factoids and research that I have come across pertinent to why we eat what we eat and what we can do to improve our nutrition, health, communities, economies, national security, and global climate situations by supporting access to healthy foods (food justice) as well as supporting local food production for local consumption.

I invite others to let me know if the sources are wrong, or to send me your own facts. My main motivation for doing this is to try to aggregate a variety of research and evidence in to one web space.

Thanks,

Tim

No comments: